Monday, July 24, 2006

Daily painting practice jelly jar

starting
out










Today's daily painting : the jelly jar. I was scrounging around the kitchen for something to paint and I spotted this amost empty jar of raspberry jam in the refrigerator. It called out for a portrait.













almost there.











The knife has given me fits. I wish I could get the fine detail in.
I am pleased with the color and drawing. I may try different lighting and compositions based on this subject in the future. It was a lot of fun.
The color in the final photo is a little warmer than the original. The previous photos are closer to the real painting.


Jelly Jar
8"x6"
oil on
canvas board
SOLD

4 comments:

Jeffrey Hayes said...

Hi Peter,

The jelly jar is very strong - nice light, nice color; I think you really nailed it. Keep posting!

-jeff

Louis Boileau said...

Hi Peter,
GREAT WORK!! Love the work in progress shots.

Louis Boileau

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,
All great!
Eileen and Len

Anonymous said...

pete
if you do the jelly jar again, do it in 8 x 10.
len