Wednesday, July 19, 2006

first flower study



Beginning with the set up.










You can see my shadow box. I painted the inside with acrylic burnt sienna. The window of my studio is a north window (I am sooooo lucky). It is about 4 ft. away.
No preliminary drawing, just started painting.I brushed in the background with Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine blue.





2hrs into it!









I'm trying hard to match the values and colors. I'm pleased that I have not gone too thick too fast. That is a habit of mine I get into trouble from being in a rush. The drawing is not as acurate as I want to get. Keep practicing!




3 hrs into the day.









You can see the light getting stronger.

To much on the highlights but over all not a bad workout.






Here's the final.











I stopped after 4 hours.
I enjoyed the process on this one. Luckily we have planted several daisies this year, so I'll have more to practice with.

1 comment:

Parisbreakfasts said...

I've always wanted to see how a shadowbox worked..THANKS