Tuesday, September 26, 2006

painting sockets and other things I don't know about

OK, so I went a little crazy today. I have been dying to try this flame red background on something. I also have been looking for a way to use a bunch of things from my toolbox. So what does a guy do with toolbox stuff and a flame red background. You paint them and don't look back!

Cool idea. But not a great subject. ( oh yeah, I said no looking back)
Don't ask me what these things are. I am an artist. I just have a toolbox because guys have toolboxes. And guys fill up those toolboxes with toolbox stuff . Stuff without names.

Toolbox stuff
5"x7"
oil on canvas panel

I have no idea what that long pole thing is. It has a hole in one end. What is that about? Are there parts missing? I have a bunch of those clamp things with the screw in them. I think the last time I used one was 1983.(or was it '84?) Anyway you never know when you may need another one. I bought the sockets about ten years ago, but I no longer have the tool you need to use them.

I am without a doubt the farthest thing from a mechanic you will ever meet. But I have a toolbox, actually two toolboxes, filled with tools and parts of tools and parts that you use with tools. I'll never use 95% of what is in there. The other 5%? Screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, 3 nail punches and an old toothbrush. Now that I can use for painting.

2 comments:

ParisBreakfasts said...

This fun PEter. I like the red ground..kind of like a Morandi if Mornadi were to paint sockets on a red ground :)

Jeff Hayes said...

I shudder to think what kind of project would involve use of screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, 3 nail punches and an old toothbrush :)