Monday, April 02, 2007

daily painting practice - Nebraska Gal

Start with a quick painting over the transferred drawing.
Paint in the lights. I found a new way to create the transparent brown/red.
Use Lamp Black and Rose Madder Lake. It makes a great transparent underpainting for shadows.

click on the image to enlarge the picture

Nebraska Gal
oil on masonite
A true Nebraskan girl decked out in the colors of the Huskers. Is it a sin to admit I don't follow Nebraska football? I don't follow any football really. The shirts look good though.


Louis Boileau said...

Hi Peter. Beautiful work!

Todd Bonita said...

Great piece Peter. Thanks for the Rose madder underpainting tip. Looks great today.

Todd Baxter Dawson said...

What a beautiful painting! So fresh, direct, spontaneous. Wonderful free execution, beautiful color, beautiful subject. Delightful!

Brian said...

This image reminds me of my wife, a red-headed Nebraska woman.