Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Daily Painting Practice - And the Winner is...

Thank you all for the wonderful titles. In last week's blog I could not come up with a name for one of my daily paintings so I offered the painting as a prize to whoever could give me the best title. I think there were 17 or 18 great suggestions. Some were very funny and clever. Some were very thoughtful and thought provoking. Others were very creative and even poetic.

The suggestions came from all over the world. Some came as comments to the blog and some came directly to me via email. Here is the list: What is your favorite?

Yesterday
Grill Master's Momma
Silent Resignation
Hindsight
Green Blouse
Green blouse effect
Grandma's Wearing Green
Turn the Other Cheek
I'm Listening
Go on I'm Listening
My My My
Seeking
Looking for Good Peaches
Wisdom in a Glance
Patron Saint of Peas
Counting Bird Shadows
Willing Her Garden to Bloom

Making a choice was very hard. I actually could use any of the titles. But I did settle on one. So without further delay. The winner is.....



I'm Listening
8"x8"
oil on wood

Congratulations to the winner and thank you all. It was a lot of fun.


3 comments:

Darren Maurer said...

I still have to say "Green Blouse". Peter that is a nice piece of work. Maybe your blouset piece ever?

Cara said...

Wonderful Titles - I don't know how you narrowed it down. Great painting too!

Anonymous said...

Great choice Peter. With the title "I'm Listening" the painting takes on a whole new depth of meaning. It was really fun making up titles though. : )