Monday, October 08, 2007

Daily Painting Practice - Yellow Rose in a Tea Cup

click on the image to enlarge the picture

Yellow Rose in a Tea Cup
5"x7"
oil on masonite
sold
I should start a new series of paintings and call them the grandpa paintings. This was done in between naps and feeding time. This quick sketch reminds me of what can be done when I could normally use the excuse, " I don't have time to paint".

I will go back at some point (perhaps another day when I am short on time) and tighten this up a bit and perhaps add some color and atmosphere to the background. It will make a nice little finished painting. The point I am trying to make is that daily painting does not mean you must complete a painting everyday...Just be sure to paint everyday.

1 comment:

Sheila Vaughan said...

It's true Peter, we don't have to finish a painting every day, and this one by the way has the potential to be a wonderful little painting. The blue, orange and yellow accents are just right so don't do too much to it!