Thursday, November 22, 2007

Daily Painting Practice - The Red Vase

Sorry I got started a little late with the progress photos. I was having too much fun to stop, get up, set up the camera and shoot. I kept wanting to stop but the painting spirit had a hold of me.
This red porcelain vase was just dying to be the star of the show. But I wanted to keep the arrangement simple. Since I am the director I get to call the shots.
click on the image to enlarge the picture

The Red Vase
8"x10"
oil on canvas board
SOLD
But in the end the vase stole the show. Personally I love the supporting role the flowers and the silver tray played.

1 comment:

C. Munoz said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the color and the feel of the composition, being simple yet very elegant. It's easy to see why it's already sold.