Thursday, April 03, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - An Apple a Day

My demo and talk at the Bellevue Artists Association went very well Tuesday night. I counted about 20-23 people. It was a lot of fun and I met some wonderful folks. I did forget my camera. Sorry no pictures. Thanks to artist (Kathy Jureck) for inviting me. I basically did the same painting as my practice one the other day. Only difference was I had about 1/2 hour to do it. Can you say "speed painting!"
I started another new schedule for myself. I desperately need to exercise and eat better. (more discipline wouldn't hurt)...So my new regimen is to do my Daily Practice Painting then exercise for an hour,(huh) then work on my studio pieces...... what are the chances I'll keep this up for more than a day? Maybe I should start a new blog... Daily Exercise and Eating Right Practice.
click on the image to enlarge the painting

An Apple A Day
original by Peter Yesis
8"x10"
oil on canvas board
SOLD

To start the new discipline off on the right foot I painted my snack for the day. See, I've already started...I took a bite.

1 comment:

Kathy Jurek said...

Thank you so much for speaking to our group on Tuesday, Peter. I heard good things from the members. They really enjoyed your presentation even if it had to be speedy... Your apple looks delicious.