Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - Hand Plane

I have been wanting to do another daily practice painting with my old tools. I have not painted this old hand plane for a while. I think the last time I did a tool painting was (in 2006). Of course, I don't use these tools I just have them as props.
Fellow artist (Matt Miller) paints tools often, ( I think better than anyone) plus he injects a great sense of humor into the compositions.
click on the image to enlarge the painting

Hand Plane
original by Peter Yesis
5"x7"
oil on canvas board
SOLD

There is something about painting rust that I find interesting. (Maybe that's why all of my tools have so much of it?). Tuscany has it's warm colors, Ireland has it's green, Paris has it's light, Wyoming has the big sky....... My studio in Omaha has it's rust.... You paint what you got.

4 comments:

Cara said...

Very nice -

C. Munoz said...

If you compare this to the last one you did, you can really see your progress! I like it!

Sheila Vaughan said...

Its a great painting Peter, wonderful, confident composition and the colours in the rust are absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

love the rust! I identify