Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - Lemon Lime

click on the image to enlarge the painting

Lemon Lime
original by Peter Yesis
8"x10"
oil on canvas board

Another quick and fun painting to reward myself for a good painting day. Actually maybe not so quick. About two hours. I deliberately bought the lemon and lime when I went food shopping last week just for a daily painting. One problem when combining food shopping with still life prop buying.... the budget goes out the window if I get carried away. I was tempted to buy a dozen radishes , pomegranates, watermelon, strawberries, organic carrots with the greens still on them and so on. Of course buying them all at once is even a bigger mistake. They always rot before I get a chance to paint them. This just happened with the Easter Lily I bought last week. The blooms feel off yesterday. Now I have to plant it and wait until next year for another chance.

2 comments:

Marilyn M. King said...

This is beautiful, Peter! You've really captured the light source and glow of the lemon and glass pitcher. It's so realistic, but when you zoom in, the real beauty is the minimal brush strokes so confidently laid down. So very well done!

Cara said...

Beautiful Peter - I love this. The glass is wonderuflly done -