Saturday, November 28, 2009

Daily Painting Practice - Painting an Island



click on the painting to enlarge the image

Island
6"x12"
oil on masonite panel

Every now and then I paint for a week or two and end up with  nothing much more than a few canvases full of false starts.  Last week I had a few and I was headed that way again until the end of this week, then I managed to paint this small  Northwoods scene in the nick of time.

Hopefully next week I will be back on schedule and have a painting worth  showing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous and certainly is one that will get great reviews. I can easily feel the sun on my back and the water dripping on my hands from my kayak paddle as I glide silently through the still water enjoying the perfect afternoon. Love those clouds!

- Moss Queen

Charles Pompilius said...

Very rich and beautiful.

Cheryl Pass said...

One of your very best....I think the best landscape! Gorgeous!!!

SYLVIANE said...

Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

beautiful brush work as is the previous post, love the isolation of the island and its presence

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Those tonal stages are so appealing one knows exceptional paintings are on their way.