Sunday, September 19, 2010

Daily Painting Practice- Completed Northwoods painting - Loon's Lullaby

I  actually signed it! You all may be bored with me posting about this painting but I finally  can call it  finished.
click on the painting to enlarge the image
Loons Lullaby
20"x24"
oil on canvas


While we were on vacation we  stopped at the  Portland Museum of art in Portland Maine.  What a great small  museum.  Dedicated to mostly American artists,  I was able to  study a painting,Mt. Katahdin from Millinocket Camp, by Frederic Edwin Church. Seeing the way  he handled  the light on the trees really helped me finish this painting.

 Phillips Mill Inn
work in progress

So, one completed and another one on the way.  Here is the latest progress on my  painting of the Phillips Mill Inn. 

2 comments:

Cheryl Pass said...

The Inn is really gorgeous. I love it. Great work on both paintings, Peter!

Eva said...

Wonderful paintings. I love the colours in the first paintings.