Monday, September 23, 2013

Daily Painting Practice in Maine - Landscape close to home

I don't need to go very far from home to find a scene to paint.

This is the same site I wanted to paint when I posted last month that I had moved to Maine.

Only now it's getting cooler.

flannel shirt weather

This is 6:30 in the morning - and it's already bright and beautiful. (I'm talking about the day, not the artist). An amazing thing about where we are in Maine is that the sun hits us first compared to the rest of the Eastern timezone.

I painted this far one morning then stopped and came back another day to continue...

The second time I came back to paint it was much cooler and so were the tones in the painting.

I was waiting for the sun to break through.

And it did!

hurry up and make value and color notes.

Waiting for the sun paid off. So I hurried to make the color notes for my focal point (the house) before the light changed again.

Time to stop

 I'll do more back in the studio.

Close to Home

This is the plein air portion. I have more to do in the studio to finish up (that's my new theme song) but I think I captured a morning...close to home in Maine.

1 comment:

belindadelpesco.com said...

Congrats on your big move! I can't wait to see what you paint in this new, gorgeous environment! (By the way, your web site email & blog email addresses bounced back - FYI) email me and I'll send you the bounce messages.)