Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Daily painting in Maine -Fields and streams

I will be  painting in the Castine Plein Air Festival this week, in Castine, Maine. Three days of  painting sunup until sundown.  This is my first time painting in a multi-day event so I expect to learn a lot. I'll be sure to take plenty of photos and post about it next week .

Last week I changed it up a bit. Instead of painting a coastal scene, I switched to painting some fields and streams.... rather,  streams then fields.

Reflecting Summer
8x10
I hacked my way through some brush and painted this standing  on one foot on a rather steep slippery bank.  Imagined myself painting in France with Monet a hundred and twenty years ago.

Country Roads
8x10

1 comment:

C. Muñoz said...

LOVE them!! Very Monet with the delicate, happy colors!