Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Daily painting Maine - Acadia and bold color experimenting

Day 17 -

Another experiment with bolder colors. This time I didn't get as far (so I'll call it a color study) but I liked the direction this painting is going.  I can see that  with bold colors it seems  even more important to block in larger dark shapes first, rather than a lot of dashes and dots. ( which is what I usually do ).  Yesterday's painting worked  better I think, but I still enjoyed the view with this one .


Acadia - Enjoying the View
11x14

2 comments:

brushwork said...

Is this for sale? I love this painting! I have been there several times and a friend lives on Ironbound (private island).

Fay H Fisher

Peter Yesis said...

Fay I am still working on it but when I am finished it will be for sale from my website. Thank you for the kind words.