Saturday, August 05, 2006

Painting Peace - an artist's get well card


"1 Peace"
5"x7"
oil on
canvas panel









This has been a horrible week for many people. The news has been filled with nothing but talk and images of war. Just thinking of how many children suffered this week, while I looked at beautiful things and tried to paint them, leaves me feeling down. I needed to change the "vibe" in the studio so I put together a little get well card for all of us.
I usually don't post on Saturday or Sunday but I thought this week required an exception.

4 comments:

Louis Boileau said...

BRAVO!!! Peter...that's right on!

Anonymous said...

pete good, different. Camera pictures good!

len

Sarah said...

Hello Peter, just returning your visit, I like your work, love being able to see work in progress, its allways facinating to see how others work also I do like the painterly quality of your backgrounds. I shall link to you if thats OK.
Sarah x

Parisbreakfasts said...

Well a very lovely painting came out of this horrid week! I'm glad to have found you through yr comment on Luis Colan's site-we work together at Kremer Pigments..I like the way you show yr works in process too. Inspiring