Tuesday, April 17, 2007

daily painting practice - dandelions

This is not a great photo but it gives you the idea of the dramatic lighting I can get now that I changed my studio around. I moved my bookcases to the south wall and now the west light or the north light can be used on my still life setups.
click on the image to enlarge the picture

First Pick
5"x7"
oil on masonite
SOLD

Springtime temperatures are back here in Omaha. We had 70 degree weather two weeks ago but then a cold snap came and killed back all the flowers that were beginning to sprout. The first to recover were these dandelions. The first pick of 2007.

2 comments:

Cara said...

You can even make those darned ole' dandelions look pretty - nice painting.

Joan DaGradi Studio said...

Great painting!
Beautiful paint quality. Your values and colors are lovely.