Monday, April 02, 2007

daily painting practice - Nebraska Gal

Start with a quick painting over the transferred drawing.
Paint in the lights. I found a new way to create the transparent brown/red.
Use Lamp Black and Rose Madder Lake. It makes a great transparent underpainting for shadows.

click on the image to enlarge the picture

Nebraska Gal
8"x10"
oil on masonite
Sold
A true Nebraskan girl decked out in the colors of the Huskers. Is it a sin to admit I don't follow Nebraska football? I don't follow any football really. The shirts look good though.

4 comments:

Louis Boileau said...

Hi Peter. Beautiful work!

Todd Bonita said...

Great piece Peter. Thanks for the Rose madder underpainting tip. Looks great today.
Best,
Todd

Todd Baxter Dawson said...

What a beautiful painting! So fresh, direct, spontaneous. Wonderful free execution, beautiful color, beautiful subject. Delightful!

Brian said...

This image reminds me of my wife, a red-headed Nebraska woman.