Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Daily Painting Practice - out of practice

I feel like I have been getting out of practice with my Daily Practice Paintings. I have been working on larger pieces and I can feel the disconnect with the daily work. I plan on changing that next week and get back to a more regular painting schedule. Here is a simple set up that I thought would be easy. It turned out to be much more difficult than I had thought.

Matching the color was hard enough. But getting the texture of the chive flowers was the real challenge.

click on the image to enlarge the picture

Study - Purple Petunias and Chives
5"x7"
oil on masonite
SOLD

Back to the drawing board and back to the garden to get more material.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure why these look so much bigger than 5"x7". Beautiful still life.

Ed Terpening said...

I agree with Robin, your paintings always seem larger than your canvas size. I suppose that's what we're all going for, creating a world in a small two dimentional space.

m collier said...

The rhythm of the colors in this painting are wonderful.

Todd Bonita said...

Glad I stopped in again to see what you're up to...you're making it look easy but I think that just means you're really good at what you do.
Thanks again for sharing the process photos, very cool. looking forward to following your daily practice.

be well,
Todd

Mike said...

I stop in twice a day, Peter, looking for more of your marvelous stuff. Looking forward to more!

Best!
Mike

René PleinAir said...

sparkling