Friday, September 21, 2007

Daily Painting Practice Plein Air- Day 14- Omaha Flowers

This is Memorial Park in Omaha again. Every year they plant this group of flowers along Dodge St. I don't know what they are called but they are very tall and bloom for a long time.
Blocking in the main areas of color. I find that sometimes if I just concentrate on blocking in the values and color the painting is 90 percent complete before any details are added.
My wonderful wife /photographer/painting companion snapped this photo of me and my home made pocade box in action.
The thing I like about these gardens is their simplicity and the space they left for you to walk or in my case paint around them.
click on the image to enlarge the picture

Omaha Flowers
8"x10"
oil on canvas board
SOLD

I can't think of anything better than spending time with my wife and painting beautiful flowers. What a wonderful life.

No comments: