Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - The Rectory

What a beautiful day yesterday was. It is hard to believe that we in Omaha had such horrific weather the past week. We had a terrible wind and rain storm run through us like a freight train...over 110 miles per hour winds. Put the wind together with torrential rain and hail and you get 130,000 people without electricity... We were lucky, the only damage was to our tomato plants. We had been without electricity since Friday night.... And now we have weather like this...
Nebraska June
12" x 16"
oil on canvas

Yesterday afternoon, after buying more ice for the freezer... Still no electricity, the only thing I could do was go plein air painting.
click on the image to enlarge the painting

The Rectory
original by Peter Yesis
14"x18"
oil on canvas

By the time I got back to our house in the afternoon the electricity was back on! Yeah! That meant I could paint in the studio again.... so I finished this one.

3 comments:

m collier said...

Wonderful painting.

Dar Presto said...

I like seeing these 2 together. The first has layers of clear color that could mesmerize me for an hour. The second offers so much description, but succinctly done. These are engaging and beautiful.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Being from Atlantic, Iowa, these paintings make me homesick. Great pieces.