Sunday, August 03, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - Great news

I received some great news this week. I was accepted into two shows.
First, my painting,"Cowboy Dave", was accepted into the (American Plains Artists 24th annual show). It will be held at the Museum of the Southwest in Midland, Texas. ( I should buy some cowboy boots because I will be flying down to the lone star state for the opening reception on August 28th.
I was also picked for the (International Guild of Realism Juried Exhibition) in Naples, Florida - February 2009 show. This painting " On Foot" did not get picked. That's fine because I am free to give it to a gallery now.
click on the image to enlarge the painting
Carafe sur Rouge
12"x16"
oil on canvas

However, this painting was one of 53 chosen by the guild. I love the name... (thanks goes to my manager in charge of titles/wife). The show will be at the (Weatherburn Gallery) in Naples, Florida. I am thrilled beyond words.... OK maybe not beyond them, otherwise how could I tell you? But I am thrilled!

I am also planning on going to that opening. It should be a lot of fun attending these two shows. Luckily they are spaced far enough apart.... hopefully I can sell a few more on Ebay to cover the airfare.

2 comments:

Stacey Peterson said...

Congrats Peter!!! You deserve this success - these paintings are fantastic (I still love the one that got into the AGR show).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I like them all, but "on foot" is my personal favorite...juries...go figure :)