Sunday, December 13, 2009

Daily Painting Practice - Sunset Lake work in progress - North Woods Series continues



Last week I posted this with a group of other underpaintings I am working on. This painting is another in my Northwoods Series. I can't believe I am still able to work from all of my reference photos and sketches from our trip last summer.



click on the painting to enlarge the image
Sunset Lake? Loons Lullaby?
work in progress
18"x24"
oil on canvas

Our good friends up North in Wisconsin have this beautiful view from their cabin on the lake. There is something so restful about a sunset on a lake. I think the sense of peace has something to do with a natural connection from an inner clock. The one we all have centered in our soul. It ties us to the gentle rhythms of nature.
I really think I felt that connection when I was up there this summer....either that or...



...I spent too much time in the sun..!!

1 comment:

Marie Wise said...

Lovely work ! I'm enjoying your colors.