Monday, October 30, 2006

daily painting practice - salt & pepper

A very tonal beginning. I really liked the spots of white in this composition and the bend of the napkins.
Sorry, this photo came out a little blurry. I used the spot light for this one because I wanted to control the light and aim it down from the top.
click on picture to enlarge the image
Salt and Pepper
8" x 10"
oil on masonite


This past weekend I reached a milestone in my journey as a full time artist. I now have gallery representation. Yeah! The (So-Oh Gallery in Lincoln, Nebraska) was kind enough to bring me on. My thanks to a wonderful California artist and friend (Belinda Del Pesco) for the inspiration and encouragement to meet with Rene Johnson the owner of the So-Oh Gallery. I went to see some of Belinda's beautiful work at the gallery on Thursday. I'm a fan of etchings and block prints and Belinda does a fantastic mix of vibrant watercolor and mono-prints. Here are two of my(
favorites.)
and this
(one)

This past weekend was a whirlwind of framing and of delivering the work. On the first Friday of each month Lincoln galleries have an ART WALK in the evening. All the galleries open their doors as people stroll through the old market section of the city. I have not been to one yet but I am excited to hear how it will turn out.

3 comments:

Louis Boileau said...

Hi Peter...I tried to leave a comment this AM...didn't work. This is a really nice painting!!

Louis Boileau said...

...and, by the way...congrats on your gallery representation!!!

amber said...

I think this is amazing i like the painting more than the real objects