Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pleine Air painting study

click on the picture to enlarge the image

Park pleine air painting study
9"x12"
oil on canvas board

Yesterday was the perfect Autumn day here in Omaha. I still have to force myself to paint in public. This is one hangup of mine I am determined to conquer. I went back to this lovely park. I have painted this scene several times and I think this was the most beautiful time to be there. I am challenging myself to paint this scene on a very large canvas, perhaps something like 36"x40". However, I would like to capture the light and color from life not from a photo. My plan is to use my color study to help keep the colors fresh when painting the final piece in the studio. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the fall colors!