Tuesday, February 13, 2007

daily painting practice - crackers and jelly

Here's my paint at night time set up for a still life.
My wife and I cleaned out the refrigerator looking for ideas. It seemed like the entire refrigerator was in my studio for a while.





I set it up on my right side. The weekly painting still life is set up on my left. You can see several left over props on the table in the back. They never made into the composition.
I have not done a lot of compositions from this angle. It always takes a while for my eyes and mind to adjust to a different horizon.
click on the picture to enlarge the image

Apricot and Strawberry
8"x10"
oil on wood
SOLD
I tried to stay focussed on color and loose brush work. This was meant to be a free and easy painting and not look stiff and contrived. It is certainly an unusual color scheme for me. But what fun!

3 comments:

Cara said...

I love this! You never cease to amaze me.

René PleinAir said...

A little bit more real, and you can trow away your fridge!!
Awesome Peter!

Parisbreakfasts said...

You're making me hungry for my favorite thing...
YUM