Thursday, March 01, 2007

daily painting practice - Nebraska landscape painting

As you can see I did a little re-decorating last night. I thought the blog needed a change . I got the idea for the thumbnail gallery from a posting on (the DailyPainter.com) written by (Sarah Trefny). All the bugs aren't worked out yet . It will take me a while because I'm no tech wiz. Anyway, I hope you like the new look. Let me know if you see any problems. I need to do more regional art.
So here is one I thought would be fun.
Nebraska landscape painting 101. Find a field ( corn or soybean), paint it.
In this case I took reference photos and did field sketches.

click on picture to enlarge the image

Nebraska Spring
6"x6"
oil on masonite
SOLD
As I type this there is a blizzard outside. Snow blowing everywhere. This painting is a reminder of what is coming. Soon I hope!

5 comments:

Louis Boileau said...

Love that sky Peter...and the light spots coming through the trees.

m collier said...

Beautiful painting -- love all the colors in the sky. Everything works so well together --

Anonymous said...

Such a reminder of my grandparents farm, though it was in CA it brings back fond memories. Lovely.

David said...

I like the composition of this -- it really mirrors the feeling you get of walking through a farmer's field and happening upon a group of hundred year old trees.

vivien said...

a really lovely painting of such a simple composition - nothing classically beautiful but you've made it so. I like the fresh growth springing up - you've really caught the season well.