Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Daily Painting Practice - Painting like Monet

click on he picture to enlarge the image

The Bird Feeder
24"x36"
oil on masonite

I have been very busy this week with paintings for my show and not getting to the daily paintings as often as I would like. I thought I would share an older piece I did when we lived in West Virginia (2002) and I played with the idea of painting like the impressionists rather than my usual style. Back then I only painted one painting a year.

This is mostly dots and blobs of paint. No line work. I sat at our dining room window and painted our back yard. I hope you enjoy it.

For those who subscribe to my blog via email you may have received a strange posting today. For some reason the automatic feed sent out two older posts. I have no idea how that happened so I'll blame it on global warming.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Very nice - I love the treatment of the shadow areas.