Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Daily Painting Practice - Marigolds

click on the image to enlarge the picture

oil on canvas board

It rained a lot yesterday and i had a few errands to run so unfortunately I was not able to get outside and paint plein air. However, the studio was dry and the marigolds in my garden were there for the picking.


Ann Buckner said...

The Marigolds are especially lovely. I enjoy your work and look forward to see your Daily Painting Practice in my e-mail.

René PleinAir. said...

Your so right Peter, why bother?

I do wonder though if you noticed any change while painting this lovely artwork from life now you have painted plein air a bit?

Cara Dawn Romero said...

Beautiful! I love Marigolds and I love this painting.

Peter Yesis said...

thanks Ann and Cara -
Marigolds are one of my top 3 favorite flowers.
Rene -
I did notice that I was using a looser brush stroke and a more limited palette.
I still tend to use too small a brush inside. I am hoping the plein air exercises eliminate that habit.