Painting In Maine! It doesn't get any better. This blog is my attempt to share what I learn on the journey. I retain the reproduction rights to this artwork.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Daily Painting Practice - name the painting contest
I knew when I started painting this old manure spreader I would have fun trying to give it a title. Then I thought sharing that fun would be even better. I did this "Name the Painting" contest once before back in (July). Here's how it works.
1. Submit your suggestion for a title by leaving a comment (be sure it is not anonymous) I need a way to contact you so leave your email address, or if you don't want your name mentioned, write me an email.
2. I'll post all of the suggestions and the winning name on November 18. So be sure to enter before then.
3. The winner gets the painting.
4. For those city folks out there, the old manure spreader did just what the name implies.
5. All references to this year's Nebraska football team will be disqualified (though they may be submitted for entertainment purposes only)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
"Four Wheel Drive"
Name the painting contest..........."The Old Politician"
This is fun...how about, "Cow Pie Cadillac"? Cheers!
How about "Smelly spreader surrey"?
Peter - my Dad used to say that manure spreader salesmen would never "stand behind" their product!
How about "Stand By Me"?
Tracy,Frances,Ed, James and Michael -Thanks for getting us off to a great start!
Frances and Michael -- be sure to send me an Email address. I'll need to communicate if you win.
You guys and gals are setting the bar high. Enter as often as you want.
Well, if we can enter as often as we want, I would also shorten it to "Smelly Surrey". :^)
Nice painting Peter, lots of fine details and yet, no fuzzy things what so ever.
How about "Patty Caddy"?
When I saw your manure spreader painting, I remembered something my husband told me (He grew up in the country in Southern Ohio). He said the trucks that come to clean the out houses are called Honeydew Wagons. So, I would suggest The Honeydew Spreader , A Sweet Afternoon, or A Sweet Afternoon.
The Lonely and The Useless
"Four Tired Wheels"
Post a Comment