Monday, November 12, 2007

Daily Painting Practice - Oriental Marigolds

I love these little still life arrangements I make with my thrift store treasures. Thrift stores are such a gold mine for daily painters. For a few dollars you can find scarfs with interesting prints like this one. (cost 49 cents) Or small items like this vase ( 97 cents) The problem comes when you end up having a thrift store of your own in your basement. My storage space is beginning to get a bit crowed. It maybe time for a clean out.
click on the image to enlarge the picture

Oriental Marigolds
8"x10"
oil on canvas board
SOLD

Funny how one person's garbage can become a little treasure to someone else. Daily painters should have a swap place on the web. Sort of an artist's only thrift store where we can trade or give away our still life props (or junk) with each other. Must be Monday. All my good ideas come on a Monday.

No comments: