Monday, March 10, 2008

Daily Painting Practice- Rembrandt's Pipe - Work in Progress

Back in early February, I posted this painting in its early stage and since I didn't have a new daily painting to post today, I thought I would update you on the progress (the slow progress) I have made.
click on the image to enlarge the painting

Rembrandt's Pipe - work in progress
original by Peter Yesis
12"x16"
oil on canvas

I don't have a daily painting today because I was traveling this past weekend to Kansas City. I am thrilled to have new gallery representation with the (Rice Gallery) in Overland Park, Kansas. I met with Peggy Rice (owner) and Seth Smith (manager and fellow artist). What wonderful people to talk to about art and the business of art. I am very excited. They picked 7 pieces, so if you are in the Kansas City area be sure to stop by ( I think it is the best gallery in the KC area).
This painting is about 80% complete. The fun of the detail work is about to start.

1 comment:

Stacey Peterson said...

Congratulations on the new gallery Peter - that's great!! I didn't doubt that they'd love your pieces =)