Monday, June 16, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - Game Day College World Series Study

click on the image to enlarge the painting

Game Day College World Series
original by Peter Yesis
5"x7"
oil on masonite

Every year Omaha hosts the NCAA College World Series. It has been doing this for about 60 years. Yesterday was the first day I have ever gone. My wife was given tickets to the LSU, North Carolina game. We thought that it may inspire some painting ideas. I grabbed my camera and off we went. I snapped 3 or 4 pictures and... the batteries died! What a bummer! LSU and North Carolina have great team colors and the crowd must have been a sell out .

I painted this in a very loose impressionistic manner. It makes a great study for a larger work. I need more references, I have so many ideas for paintings I can't wait. I left this morning to try and buy tickets for tonight's game... Its very late now so ...More of that adventure tomorrow.

No comments: