Thursday, June 12, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - Plein air at the Park

click on the image to enlarge the painting

Plein Air at the Park
original by Peter Yesis
11"x14"
oil on canvas

Thursday is Plein Air day. I am very grateful for the small group of us that do this each week. It makes me get out of the studio. Today they all came to my house and we painted at the small city park near by. It was an absolutely beautiful day...unlike the day before, torrential rains and tornadoes every where.

I really tried to capture the dappled light hitting the grass. The lush green is so difficult to paint....a lot of fun, but difficult.

2 comments:

Marilyn M. King said...

Awe..... So nice, Peter. It's a keeper, right? Your color notes really feel like a great day in the park- so cool and shady. I love all the variety of greens you captured. Bravo!

René PleinAir said...

I like it too, .. is this the same park where you have painted the bench from? I like the figures the give life and depth to the scene. Somehow it does feel a little of the paintings from Lee Harber