Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - Postcard from Nebraska

click on the image to enlarge the painting

Postcard from Nebraska
(formerly Nebraska Summer)
original by Peter Yesis
5"x7"
oil on canvas board
(Click Here to Bid on EBay)

I almost called this Postcard from Nebraska. (Update: I went back and renamed it)
I painted it with a nod toward the style of and as a way of paying tribute to Julian Merrow-Smith and his (Postcards from Provence) blog. As I mentioned in my last post I have been blogging now for two years. Along with my friend (Darren Maurer) who got me started, Julian Merrow- Smith was one of the first artists I began looking at and studying everyday. I continue to marvel at his work and admire his fluid brush and rich color.

5 comments:

Marilyn M. King said...

I love Julian's work too, who doesn't. Just thought you'd like to hear that I was checking emails and looked at Julian's daily post first and then yours. The minute I saw your painting, I thought, hmm... this looks very much like Julian and then I read your comments! Beautiful work!
I only subscribe to three artist blogs. Duane Keiser, Julian Merrow-Smith and Peter Yesis.

Cara said...

Beautiful -

mike rooney studios said...

peter
nice nod to julian. i love his brushwork, its so fluid isnt it? i like to tell myself if i was painting in france mine would be too. it makes me feel better anyway LOL

Ed Terpening said...

Sweet. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Peter, that's a lovely compliment