Friday, July 18, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - Path in the Park

This was my afternoon plein air practice spot from yesterday. Two in one day. What a joy! Same park as yesterday's post. I needed to stay in the shade so when I noticed this path, that was all it took to start painting again.
I have the most difficult time identifying the shadow colors when I paint outside. I think they are cool one minute the next minute I think they are warm. My eye plays this game with my mind the whole time. Finally I decided it was a little of both and kept painting.
click on the image to enlarge the painting

Path in the Park
original by Peter Yesis
8"x10"
oil on canvas board
(Click Here to Bid on EBay)

The sun gods were having their way with me. Turning the sunlight on then off then hiding it behind a cloud. But, like the Greek plein air heroes of days gone by, I fought my way past their mischief and stuck to my .....path.
(Peter's pun of path painting pleasure points to the positive progress of patience and practice)

1 comment:

mike rooney studios said...

been watching your blog for awhile and decided to jump in and plug you on my blog today. you made my Top Ten Bloggers List.i hope it increases your traffic.
i especially love your demos. keep up the good work.