Sunday, July 13, 2008

Daily Painting Practice - Summer Melon

If this study worked out I thought this might make a good larger painting. I started with painting in Alizarin Crimson on a dry toned canvas board.
I thought an over the shoulder view would be fun to try. Here I am laying in the darks.
Then starting in on the color. Keeping it fluid and transparent...
and getting more opaque as I go along.
I even have proof that I can change brushes. ( That's only because I was aware of taking the photos.)
click on the image to enlarge the painting

Summer Melon
original by Peter Yesis
6"x6"
oil on canvas board

Nothing is better than painting then eating a juicy summer melon. Or should that be tasting then painting??

1 comment:

Stacey Peterson said...

Mmmm - that looks like a good piece of melon!!