Monday, May 04, 2009

Daily Painting Practice - 30 Self Portraits in 30 Days - Day 4

Well, I am back home from my three day trip to Santa Fe and the Oil Painters of America National Show. The whole experience was amazing. I will probably be digesting all that I learned for quite some time.

Here is my piece that was accepted. That's my friend and fellow Omaha artist( Debra Groesser). Deb and her husband Don were so kind. They invited me to dinner after the opening and introduced me to several of the artists. Deb knows everybody.
(The Sage Creek Gallery) did a wonderful job hosting the event and the quality of the work was outstanding. It was truly an honor to be part of the show
Part of the activities over the three days were painting demos and lectures. Here is (John Michael Carter) giving a portrait demo. I learned so much from his 2 hour demonstration I can't wait to try out some of the ideas. I would love to attend his portrait workshop next March at the Scottsdale Artist's School in Scottsdale, AZ.
Here is three of my favorite artists. From left to right, a Joan Potter still life, a David Leffel portrait, and a (Jeff Legg) still life. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff at dinner and plein air painting with him and a group of others on Sunday morning.
Here's another favorite artist of mine, Dan Gerhartz.
click on the painting to enlarge the image

Artist Back in the Hood
Self Portrait - Day 4

5"x 7"
oil on canvas board

I got back after midnight on Sunday and it took me all day to recover but I am back and ready to paint!

2 comments:

Jacki Newell said...

Peter, Congratulations!!!!
Your painting looks great. I'm writing from Greenville, SC. and am enjoying painting full time now. It is beautiful here. Keep up the good work.

Peter Yesis said...

Hello Jackie-
Thanks, I hope your move was successful. You must be in heaven painting everyday. Stay in touch.