Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Daily Painting Practice - a study in painting glass

More practice for the larger studio painting I am doing this week. I finally have a place in a painting for this glass vase which I bought months ago at an antique store. I am under strict supervision when browsing antique stores. The deal is, if I buy something it must be used in a painting and the painting must sell before I get to buy another piece. So I am forced to be very selective. It must also be under $10.00. Starving artists can't be choosers.
click on the picture to enlarge the image
Glass Study
8"x10"
oil on masonite


Here is a close up of the glass. I used Indian Yellow and a lot of Liquin for the base. The Indian Yellow is a wonderful transparent yellow. I think it may be the only transparent yellow paint. I dipped my brush into the indian yellow and a touch of cadmium orange. I did not mix the paint ahead of time but just allowed the brush to lay the colors on the canvas. I scratched out the highlight.

Just a quick post today. Happy painting everyone!

No comments: