Monday, December 10, 2007

Daily Painting Practice - Sweetheart

click on the image to enlarge the painting

Sweetheart
9"x12"
oil on canvas board

I love the accessories. The lime green hair clips, tiger skin print bag and the red hearts on the shirt, makes you wonder what the shoes look like. I was going to call this " Waiting in line for (Jeffrey Hein)". Jeffrey Hein is a contemporary artist I admire a lot. He does a lot of portraits where the models wear sunglasses. I thought this little girl may be a future candidate for one of his paintings.

You may have been expecting another post on the progress of the painting I started last week. Well, I took a break from painting it and today is Grandpa babysits day. Hopefully I will make enough progress to post again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Love this painting -

Jiddje said...

Man, you can paint! I love your paintings and the progress of it. Nice to see.

Stacey Peterson said...

I love this painting - you really captured her little attitude!

When you get back to the other piece, will you post some closeups of the lace curtain? I'd love to see how you paint something like that.