Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Garden Tomato painting practice









I started right in with paint this time. No, preliminary drawing in charcoal. This approach helps me not to think of details, Just paint what you see. The drawing is done with a brush and a combination of Ultramarine blue and Raw Sienna and turps. Just the basic outline. Keep it simple!







I forgot to take more progress shots. I had so much fun painting I didn't think of it. That is a good sign. I am gaining more confidence and enjoying the process.

Garden Tomato
6"x8" oil on
canvas board

SOLD


Here is the big ugly home grown tomato I mentioned in yesterday's daily painting blog. I loved painting this one almost as much as I enjoyed eating it afterwards. I should take better care in photographing the final (I left the clips holding the painting) since, for the month of August, I am going to experiment with seeing how well these sell on Ebay. If they don't sell, after a week, I'll keep them posted on this blog and sell for $80.00.

I painted this using only the natural light from my studio window. It is a much softer and cooler light than the spot light.

1 comment:

Jon Conkey said...

Nice work! Very clever way of showing your process. JLC