Thursday, November 16, 2006

painting eggplant and garlic

A big block in of lights and darks starts off this practice painting.

I have a new schedule that I am going to try and stick with because I need to get to my larger studio paintings. I have not been very good at production and it will hurt me in the future if I don't deal with it. The problem of how to produce studio or gallery work while maintaining this daily blog needs to be addressed. So here is my new schedule.
I will limit my Daily Painting Practice to ony 2 hours a day. If I need to finish a practice picture in two days so be it. For me this is all about the process of learning to be a full time artist and that means paying attention to what needs to be worked on.
I'll figure it out folks.....one of these days.
click on picture to enlarge the image

Eggplant and Garlic
8" x 10"
oil on masonite
Sold
I really gobbed on the paint in this one. I wanted to feel what it was like to move a lot of paint around. I think if I do another with gobs of paint I may use some kind of medium to help smooth things out a little.

Good thing we just went shopping. There are lots of goodies in the refrigerator to grab and paint.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter...
I like this one a lot!

Anonymous said...

I like this very much. I always learn something from looking at your paintings...in this case the eggplant, and also the background.

Tried to paint eggplant myself recently, and not with good results. But I did eat them after-- that was good.

Parisbreakfasts said...

Very RICH looking painting!