Monday, February 04, 2008

Daily Painting Practice- Oranges and Brass

Sorry, no progress shots today. I was just too lazy to set up the camera. This was an experiment to try and get the orange to be even more brilliant than the last painting. I tried giving it that halo of color and I think I got carried away. I was going to leave it like this but the art gods started screaming in my ear..."If you know it is wrong, you must fix it!" Back to the studio.

click on the image to enlarge the painting

Oranges and Brass
5"x7"
oil on masonite
SOLD

Much better I think. I straightened out the wine bottle in the back ground and made the ring of the candle holder a little sharper. Sometimes it pays to double check before calling it quits.

1 comment:

sandra flood said...

Wow! This piece really glows!
Beautiful!