Friday, June 15, 2007

daily painting practice - Trumpet Vine Study No.2

Trumpet Vine Study number 2 - I am back to using a pre-toned panel. I like the spray of the leaves on this one. It fills the painting with a lot of movement.
I have a hard time with the warm oranges in the trumpet vine. They are so intense even in the shadows.
The cool background helps offset the warmth of the blossoms.
click on the picture to enlarge the image

Trumpet Vine Study No. 2
8"x10"
oil on masonite

I have one more painting in this trumpet vine series I want to try. Then back to the garden. My garden manager/wife has some beautiful lavender growing. That might be a good match with the purple petunias. I'll get the clippers.

I wonder if I can deduct the garden as a business expense since it supplies most of my subject material?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow



Lizzy

Cara said...

Love this!